Sunday, November 17, 2013

Have I missed yet another atheist schism?

Pharyngula, August 14th:
I can’t explain how things are going except to say…it’s complicated. Do try to keep up with others — I can’t. I worry that this is the end of a lot of good things, or rather, things that had to be the potential to be good, and that without many changes, we’re going to lose too many great people, and that conditions have become intolerable. Let me tell you that when I pressed “publish” on a certain post the other day, I knew that no matter how it turns out, the one thing I could be certain of is that I would be persona non grata in a large segment of the movement, and that I’d be spending many more quiet weekends at home in Morris in the future (which is OK, this is a nice place, and my day job is ramping up the responsibilities, and I’ll always have the blog). [link]
The on-line atheist movement is an endless source of self-destructive strife. Anyone know what the latest drama is about?

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;