Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Boredom - my greatest achievement.

I am bored.  During a work night.  This is one of my greatest achievements.

For the last ten years my typical work day was bolting awake 30 minutes past the time my backside should have been in work followed by a scramble to dress, a panicked dash to work, eight hours of drudgery and boredom, another dash back home to sit down at the computer... and suddenly find it's 3am again and the cycle repeats.

Lately though I've managed to consistently sleep at a reasonable hour and today I actually woke up before the alarm went off.  This is unprecedented !  I was able to leave work on time, cook dinner, play a hour  and a half of computer games and be bored at 7pm which meant I had four whole hours free which I wouldn't normally have.

It only took ten years of effort to reach this point.


2 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
;